Subject: [RFC v2 16/18] ARM: OMAP2+: AM33XX: Basic suspend resume support

From: [email-masked] (Kevin Hilman)
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 06:30:00 -0800

"Bedia, Vaibhav" <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

>> IMO, this would be a much cleaner implementation if you just created a
>> small driver for the wkup_m3.  You're already doing a bunch of
>> driver-like stuff for it (requesting base/IRQs, mapping regions,
>> firmware, etc.)  I think this should separated out into a real driver.
>> Then it will be bound to the right omap_device, and normal PM operations
>> will work as expected.
>> 
>> Also, doing it this way will be more flexible for those wanting to use
>> their own firmware on the M3, or customize the current firmware.
>
> Hmm... that definitely sounds more flexible. It should also help in the next SoC
> AM437x which has a similar PM architecture. Where would you suggest placing
> this minimal driver?

For now, just leave it in mach-omap2 and we can figure out the right
home for it eventually.

Kevin