Subject: [PATCH v4 10/11] OMAP: Serial: Allow UART parameters to be configured from board file.

From: [email-masked] (Kevin Hilman)
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2011 12:11:01 -0700

"Govindraj.R" <[email-masked]> writes:

> The following UART parameters are defined within the UART driver:
>
> 1). Whether the UART uses DMA (dma_enabled), by default set to 0
> 2). The size of dma buffer (set to 4096 bytes)
> 3). The time after which the dma should stop if no more data is received.
> 4). The auto suspend delay that will be passed for pm_runtime_autosuspend
>     where uart will be disabled after timeout
>
> Different UARTs may be used for different purpose such as the console,
> for interfacing bluetooth chip, for interfacing to a modem chip, etc.
> Therefore, it is necessary to be able to customize the above settings
> for a given board on a per UART basis.
>
> This change allows these parameters to be configured from the board file
> and allows the parameters to be configured for each UART independently.
>
> If a board does not define its own custom parameters for the UARTs, then
> use the default parameters in the structure "omap_serial_default_info".
> The default parameters are defined to be the same as the current settings
> in the UART driver to avoid breaking the UART for any board. By default,
> make all boards use the default UART parameters.
>
> Signed-off-by: Deepak K <[email-masked]>
> Signed-off-by: Jon Hunter <[email-masked]>
> Signed-off-by: Govindraj.R <[email-masked]>

Who is the author of this patch?  The first version says Jon[1], v2 says
Deepak[2].  Either way, please ensure proper authorship is attributed
using From: at the beginning of the changelog.  (git-format-patch will
do this for you when the authorship is correct in the git history.)

Even better would be to summarize the changes since the first version
after the '---' so it would be clearer why the authorship was changed.

Only 1/3 of my comments from v3 were addressed in this version.  Please
re-read my comments there[3]. 

Kevin

[1] http://marc.info/?l=linux-omap&m=129890257812478&w=2
[2] http://marc.info/?l=linux-omap&m=130408096416887&w=2
[3] http://marc.info/?l=linux-omap&m=130896078622810&w=2