Subject: Re: mt76x2e hardware restart

From: Oleksandr Natalenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 18:31:09 +0200

Hello.

On 15.10.2019 18:52, Oleksandr Natalenko wrote:
> Thanks for the answer and the IRC discussion. As agreed I've applied
> [1] and [2], and have just swapped the card to try it again. So far,
> it works fine in 5 GHz band in 802.11ac mode as an AP.
> 
> I'll give it more load with my phone over evening, and we can discuss
> what to do next (if needed) tomorrow again. Or feel free to drop me an
> email today.
> 
> Thanks for your efforts.
> 
> [1]
> https://github.com/LorenzoBianconi/wireless-drivers-next/commit/cf3436c42a297967235a9c9778620c585100529e.patch
> [2]
> https://github.com/LorenzoBianconi/wireless-drivers-next/commit/aad256eb62620f9646d39c1aa69234f50c89eed8.patch

As agreed, here are iperf3 results, AP to STA distance is 2 meters.

Client sends, TCP:

[ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bitrate         Retr
[  5]   0.00-10.00  sec  70.4 MBytes  59.0 Mbits/sec  3800             
sender
[  5]   0.00-10.03  sec  70.0 MBytes  58.6 Mbits/sec                  
receiver

Client receives, TCP:

[ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bitrate         Retr
[  5]   0.00-10.06  sec   196 MBytes   163 Mbits/sec  3081             
sender
[  5]   0.00-10.01  sec   191 MBytes   160 Mbits/sec                  
receiver

Client sends, UDP, 128 streams:

[ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bitrate         Jitter    
Lost/Total Datagrams
[SUM]   0.00-10.00  sec   160 MBytes   134 Mbits/sec  0.000 ms  0/115894 
(0%)  sender
[SUM]   0.00-10.01  sec   160 MBytes   134 Mbits/sec  0.347 ms  0/115892 
(0%)  receiver

Client receives, UDP, 128 streams:

[ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bitrate         Jitter    
Lost/Total Datagrams
[SUM]   0.00-10.01  sec   119 MBytes  99.4 Mbits/sec  0.000 ms  0/85888 
(0%)  sender
[SUM]   0.00-10.00  sec   119 MBytes  99.5 Mbits/sec  0.877 ms  0/85888 
(0%)  receiver

Given the HW is not the most powerful, the key point here is that 
nothing crashed after doing these tests.

-- 
   Oleksandr Natalenko (post-factum)

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel