Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 5/6] arm64: Advertise CPUs capable of running 32-bit applications in sysfs

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2020 08:04:26 +0100

On Mon, Nov 09, 2020 at 09:30:21PM +0000, Will Deacon wrote:
> Since 32-bit applications will be killed if they are caught trying to
> execute on a 64-bit-only CPU in a mismatched system, advertise the set
> of 32-bit capable CPUs to userspace in sysfs.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Will Deacon <[email-masked]>
> ---
>  .../ABI/testing/sysfs-devices-system-cpu      |  9 +++++++++
>  arch/arm64/kernel/cpufeature.c                | 19 +++++++++++++++++++
>  2 files changed, 28 insertions(+)

I still think the "kill processes that can not run on this CPU" is crazy
but that has nothing to do with this sysfs file patch, which looks good
to me:

Reviewed-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel