Subject: Re: 5.10 LTS Kernel: 2 or 6 years?

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2021 18:53:56 +0100

On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 09:21:13AM -0800, Florian Fainelli wrote:
> As a company, we are most likely shooting ourselves in the foot by not
> having a point of coordination with the Linux Foundation and key people
> like you, Greg and other participants in the stable kernel.

What does the LF have to do with this?

We are here, on the mailing lists, working with everyone.  Just test the
-rc releases we make and let us know if they work or not for you, it's
not a lot of "coordination" needed at all.

Otherwise, if no one is saying that they are going to need these for 6
years and are willing to use it in their project (i.e. and test it),
there's no need for us to maintain it for that long, right?

thanks,

greg k-h

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel