Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] dt-bindings: i2c: Move i2c-omap.txt to YAML format

From: Tony Lindgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2021 09:52:30 +0300

* Vignesh Raghavendra <[email-masked]> [210510 11:06]:
> What do you prefer here? Removing dmas from schema would mean I would
> have to delete dmas property from omap2/3 dtsi files that list dmas
> property today? Note that driver does not support DMA mode today.

If the dma channels are not used by the driver, and not in the binding,
it's unlikely they will ever get used. Sure the dma channels describe
the hardware, and there's a slim chance some other OS needs them, but I
doubt it.

It seems weird we stop describing hardware in the devicetree to avoid
binding check warnings though. Up to you to figure out what you want
to do as far as I'm concerned.

Regards,

Tony

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel