Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 07/16] ipmi: kcs_bmc: Strip private client data from struct kcs_bmc

From: Zev Weiss <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2021 07:18:43 +0000

On Mon, May 10, 2021 at 12:42:04AM CDT, Andrew Jeffery wrote:
>Move all client-private data out of `struct kcs_bmc` into the KCS client
>implementation.
>
>With this change the KCS BMC core code now only concerns itself with
>abstract `struct kcs_bmc` and `struct kcs_bmc_client` types, achieving
>expected separation of concerns. Further, the change clears the path for
>implementation of alternative userspace interfaces.
>
>The chardev data-structures are rearranged in the same manner applied to
>the KCS device driver data-structures in an earlier patch - `struct
>kcs_bmc_client` is embedded in the client's private data and we exploit
>container_of() to translate as required.
>
>Finally, now that it is free of client data, `struct kcs_bmc` is renamed
>to `struct kcs_bmc_device` to contrast `struct kcs_bmc_client`.
>
>Signed-off-by: Andrew Jeffery <[email-masked]>

Reviewed-by: Zev Weiss <[email-masked]>

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel