Subject: Re: [PATCH] ARM: dts: DRA7x: Fix duplicate USB4 device node

From: Tony Lindgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2021 09:27:58 +0300

* Suman Anna <[email-masked]> [210524 15:24]:
> This can be fixed in couple of different ways, and I see there have been
> different commits that have ultimately caused this.
>  6b14eb4705d6 ("ARM: dts: DRA7: Move USB_OTG 4 to dra74x.dtsi")
>  549fce068a31 ("ARM: dts: dra7: Add l4 interconnect hierarchy and ti-sysc data"
>  bcbb63b80284 (ARM: dts: dra7: Separate AM57 dtsi files")
>  c7b72abca61e ("ARM: OMAP2+: Drop legacy platform data for dra7 dwc3")
> 
> Would you prefer that we just drop the USB4 target-module reference in
> dra7-l4.dtsi following the first commit?

Looking at commit 549fce068a31 above, we have dra7-l4.dtsi define a module
at 0x48940000. But maybe the module is only used for dwc on dra74x?

If this controller instance is on all dra7 SoCs, then it should be in
dra7-l4.dtsi. If the controller instance is only on dra74x, it should be
only in dra74x.dtsi file.

Sorry sounds like I have confused some hardware differences along the
way.

Regards,

Tony

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel