Subject: [PATCH v4 0/2] net: mtk_soc_eth: implement Clause 45 MDIO access

From: Daniel Golle <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 17:51:25 +0000

As it turned out some clean-up would be needed, first address return
value and type of mdio read and write functions in mtk_eth_soc.
Then add support to access Clause 45 phy registers.

Both commits are tested on the Bananapi BPi-R64 board having MediaTek
MT7531BE DSA gigE switch using clause 22 MDIO and Ubiquiti UniFi 6 LR
access point having Aquantia AQR112C PHY using clause 45 MDIO.

v4: clean-up return values and types, split into two commits
v3: return -1 instead of 0xffff on error in _mtk_mdio_write
v2: use MII_DEVADDR_C45_SHIFT and MII_REGADDR_C45_MASK to extract
    device id and register address. Unify read and write functions to
    have identical types and parameter names where possible as we are
    anyway already replacing both function bodies.

Daniel Golle (2):
  net: mtk_eth_soc: fix return value of MDIO operations
  net: ethernet: mtk_eth_soc: implement Clause 45 MDIO access

 drivers/net/ethernet/mediatek/mtk_eth_soc.c | 72 ++++++++++++++++-----
 drivers/net/ethernet/mediatek/mtk_eth_soc.h |  3 +
 2 files changed, 59 insertions(+), 16 deletions(-)

-- 
2.34.1

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel