Subject: Re: [PATCH v6 0/9] Multigenerational LRU Framework

From: Yu Zhao <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2022 14:12:33 -0700

On Tue, Jan 04, 2022 at 01:43:13PM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 4, 2022 at 12:30 PM Yu Zhao <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >
> > My goal is to get it merged asap so that users can reap the benefits
> > and I can push the sequels. Please examine the data provided -- I
> > think the unprecedented coverage and the magnitude of the improvements
> > warrant a green light.
> 
> I'll leave this to Andrew. I had some stylistic nits, but all the
> actual complexity is in that aging and eviction, and while I looked at
> the patches, I certainly couldn't make much of a judgement on them.
> 
> The proof is in the numbers, and they look fine, but who knows what
> happens when others test it. I don't see anything that looks worrisome
> per se, I just see the silly small things that made me go "Eww".

I appreciate your time, I'll address all your comments togather with
others' in the next spin, after I hear from Andrew. (I'm assuming he
will have comments too.)

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel