Subject: Re: [PATCH v3] arm64/mm: avoid fixmap race condition when create pud mapping

From: Catalin Marinas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2022 15:56:30 +0000

On Thu, Jan 06, 2022 at 10:13:06AM +0000, Jianyong Wu wrote:
> I test this patch in your way using both EDK2 V2.6 and EDK2 v2.7. it's
> peculiar that this issue shows up on v2.6 but not on v2.7.
> For now, I only find that if "CONFIG_DEBUG_LOCK_ALLOC" is enabled, the
> kernel boot will hang. However, I can't debug it by printk as this
> issue happens before pl11 is ready.

I tried earlycon but that doesn't help either.

> I will go on debugging, but very appreciated if someone can give some
> hints on it.

FWIW, passing "nokaslr" on the kernel command line makes it boot (and
this makes debugging harder). That's as far as I've gone.

-- 
Catalin

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel