Subject: Re: [PATCH v5 01/69] KVM: arm64: Save PSTATE early on exit

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 15:36:09 +0000

On Mon, Nov 29, 2021 at 08:00:42PM +0000, Marc Zyngier wrote:
> In order to be able to use primitives such as vcpu_mode_is_32bit(),
> we need to synchronize the guest PSTATE. However, this is currently
> done deep into the bowels of the world-switch code, and we do have
> helpers evaluating this much earlier (__vgic_v3_perform_cpuif_access
> and handle_aarch32_guest, for example).
> 
> Move the saving of the guest pstate into the early fixups, which
> cures the first issue. The second one will be addressed separately.
> 
> Tested-by: Fuad Tabba <[email-masked]>
> Reviewed-by: Fuad Tabba <[email-masked]>
> Signed-off-by: Marc Zyngier <[email-masked]>

Reviewed-by: Russell King (Oracle) <[email-masked]>
-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 40Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel