Subject: Re: [PATCH] i2c: bcm2835: Set clock-stretch timeout to 35ms

From: Wolfram Sang <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 11:37:31 +0100

Hi Ivan,

> The BCM2835 I2C blocks have a register to set the clock-stretch
> timeout - how long the device is allowed to hold SCL low - in bus
> cycles. The current driver doesn't write to the register, therefore
> the default value of 64 cycles is being used for all devices.
> 
> Set the timeout to the value recommended for SMBus - 35ms.

By default, busses are I2C and not SMBus, so it looks like we should
finally apply this patch which disables CLKT:

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/linux-i2c/patch/[email-masked]/

If you really want the SMBus timeout applied, you can check for a
"smbus" property in DT and then set CLKT accordingly in a seperate
patch.

Kind regards,

   Wolfram

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel