Subject: Re: [PATCH v11 02/40] arm64: Always use individual bits in CPACR floating point enables

From: Catalin Marinas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 11:36:46 +0000

On Mon, Feb 07, 2022 at 03:20:31PM +0000, Mark Brown wrote:
> CPACR_EL1 has several bitfields for controlling traps for floating point
> features to EL1, each of which has a separate bits for EL0 and EL1. Marc
> Zyngier noted that we are not consistent in our use of defines to
> manipulate these, sometimes using a define covering the whole field and
> sometimes using defines for the individual bits. Make this consistent by
> expanding the whole field defines where they are used (currently only in
> the KVM code) and deleting them so that no further uses can be
> introduced.
> 
> Suggested-by: Marc Zyngier <[email-masked]>
> Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>

Acked-by: Catalin Marinas <[email-masked]>

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel