Subject: Re: Excessive TLB flush ranges

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2023 13:12:45 +0100

On Tue, May 16, 2023 at 06:23:27PM -0700, Nadav Amit wrote:
> Indeed, but ChatGPT says (yes, I see you making fun of me already):
> “however, this doesn't mean INVLPG has no impact on the pipeline. INVLPG
> can cause a pipeline stall because the TLB entry invalidation must be
> completed before subsequent instructions that might rely on the TLB can
> be executed correctly.”
> 
> So I am not sure that your claim is exactly correct.

Sorry, but chatgpt has no place in serious discussions. You don't know
where its getting its information from or how reliable it is, and you'll
only make yourself look silly by quoting it.

Someone recently asked ChatGPT about me. Apparently I died a few years
ago. This is news to me. However, this illustrates precisely my point
that chatgpt can spew utter rubbish that you've no idea where it's got
it from, and by quoting its output in a serious discussion, you only
make yourself look silly.

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel