Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH v1 3/8] iommu/arm-smmu-v3-sva: Allocate new ASID from installed_smmus

From: Jason Gunthorpe <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2023 15:38:35 -0300

On Fri, Aug 18, 2023 at 02:16:25AM +0800, Michael Shavit wrote:
> Pick an ASID that is within the supported range of all SMMUs that the
> domain is installed to.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Michael Shavit <[email-masked]>
> ---

This seems like a pretty niche scenario, maybe we should just keep a
global for the max ASID?

Otherwise we need a code to change the ASID, even for non-SVA domains,
when the domain is installed in different devices if the current ASID
is over the instance max..

Ideally domain ASID would be selected at domain allocation time.

Jason

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel