Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/6] net: stmmac: yet more cleanups

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2025 12:25:30 +0100

Building on the previous cleanup series, this cleans up yet more stmmac
code.

- Move stmmac_bus_clks_config() into stmmac_platform() which is where
  its onlny user is.

- Move the xpcs Clause 73 test into stmmac_init_phy(), resulting in
  simpler code in __stmmac_open().

- Move "can't attach PHY" error message into stmmac_init_phy().

We then start moving stuff out of __stmac_open() into stmmac_open()
(and correspondingly __stmmac_release() into stmmac_release()) which
is not necessary when re-initialising the interface on e.g. MTU change.

- Move initialisation of tx_lpi_timer
- Move PHY attachment/detachment
- Move PHY error message into stmmac_init_phy()

Finally, simplfy the paths in stmmac_init_phy().

 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac.h       |   1 -
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_main.c  | 111 ++++++++-------------
 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_platform.c  |  32 ++++++
 3 files changed, 73 insertions(+), 71 deletions(-)

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!