Subject: [PATCH net-next v2 0/2] net: stmmac: fix interrupt coalescing

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2026 09:01:13 +0000

Hi,

While cleaning up the descriptor handling, I noticed that the accounting
of transmit "packets" for interrupt coalescing was buggy in that it
takes the difference of the two indexes into the circular list of
transmit discriptors and merely subtracts one from the other without
regard for the indexes wrapping.

This can result in a negative number or very large positive number
which would have the effect of either reducing tx_q->tx_count_frames
or making that very large.

Either way, the result is numerically incorrect, and could trigger
interrupts or not trigger interrupts when required.

This series converts stmmac to use the circ_buf helpers, and then fixes
this problem.

v2: move build fix to correct patch

 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_main.c | 28 ++++++++---------------
 1 file changed, 10 insertions(+), 18 deletions(-)

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!