Subject: [PATCH RFC net-next+previous 0/9] net: stmmac: qcom-ethqos: further updates

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2026 12:49:08 +0000

This is part 2 of the qcom-ethqos series, building on the previous
series which can be found at
https://lore.kernel.org/r/[email-masked]

This part of the series focuses on the generic PHY driver, but these
changes have dependencies on the ethernet driver, hence why
it will need to go via net-next. Furthermore, subsequent changes
depend on these patches.

The underlying ideas here are:

- get rid of the driver using phy_set_speed() with SPEED_1000 and
  SPEED_2500 which makes no sense for an ethernet SerDes due to the
  PCS 8B10B data encoding, which inflates the data rate at the SerDes
  compared to the MAC.
- allow phy_power_on() / phy_set_mode*() to be called in any order.

I've included the set_clk_tx_rate() patch as that was tested, which
would make applying this series awkward to apply without it.

Mohd, please could you test this series - I'm hoping it will pass with
flying colours as there should be no change to the order in which we
program the hardware. Thanks.

 .../ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-qcom-ethqos.c    | 52 +++++++-----------
 drivers/phy/qualcomm/phy-qcom-sgmii-eth.c          | 62 +++++++++++++++++-----
 2 files changed, 68 insertions(+), 46 deletions(-)

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!