Subject: [PATCH RESEND2 net-next 0/8] net: stmmac: qcom-ethqos: further serdes reorganisation

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2026 23:07:16 +0000

This is part 2 of the qcom-ethqos series, part 1 has now been merged.

This part of the series focuses on the generic PHY driver, but these
changes have dependencies on the ethernet driver, hence why
it will need to go via net-next. Furthermore, subsequent changes
depend on these patches.

The underlying ideas here are:

- get rid of the driver using phy_set_speed() with SPEED_1000 and
  SPEED_2500 which makes no sense for an ethernet SerDes due to the
  PCS 8B10B data encoding, which inflates the data rate at the SerDes
  compared to the MAC. This is replaced with phy_set_mode_ext().
- allow phy_power_on() / phy_set_mode*() to be called in any order.

Mohd has tested this series, but it would be great to get acks/reviews
from the generic PHY maintainers.

 .../ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-qcom-ethqos.c    | 31 +++--------
 drivers/phy/qualcomm/phy-qcom-sgmii-eth.c          | 62 +++++++++++++++++-----
 2 files changed, 57 insertions(+), 36 deletions(-)

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!