Subject: Re: [PATCH 09/10] Input: stmfts - support FTS5

From: Dmitry Torokhov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2026 14:10:16 -0800

Hi David,

On Sun, Mar 01, 2026 at 06:51:23PM +0100, David Heidelberg via B4 Relay wrote:
> From: Petr Hodina <[email-masked]>
> 
> Introduce basic FTS5 support.
> 
> FTS support SLPI and AP mode, introduce switch GPIO to switch between
> those two. Currently we can handle only full power AP mode, so we just
> switch to it.
> 
> Useful for devices like Pixel 3 (blueline).

I see "is_fts5" sprinkled throughout the code. I wonder: can we define
chip-specific operations and call them instead of doing conditional
logic which is hard to expand (if ever needed) to support additional
variants.
> 
> Nitpick: changed GPL v2 to GPL in module license.

Please split in to a separate patch.

Thanks.

-- 
Dmitry