Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/8] net: stmmac: improve PCS support

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2026 12:28:30 +0000

This series is the next of the three part series sorting out the PCS
support in stmmac, building on part 2:

	net: stmmac: qcom-ethqos: further serdes reorganisation

Similar patches have been posted previously. This series does away with
the common SerDes PHY support, instead using a flag to indicate whether
2500Mbps mode is supported (STMMAC_FLAG_SERDES_SUPPORTS_2500M.) At this
time, I have no plans to resurect the common SerDes PHY support - the
generic PHY layer implementations are just too random to consider that,
and I certainly do not want the extra work of fixing that.

Changes from RFC v3:
- only set default_an_inband if using SGMII/2500BASE-X mode.

 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/common.h       |   4 -
 .../ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-qcom-ethqos.c    |   2 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac1000.h    |  12 +-
 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac1000_core.c   |  11 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac4.h       |  10 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac4_core.c  |  10 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_main.c  |   8 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_pcs.c   | 156 +++++++++++++++++++--
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_pcs.h   |  29 +++-
 include/linux/stmmac.h                             |   1 +
 10 files changed, 197 insertions(+), 46 deletions(-)

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!