Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/5] i2c: aspeed: fix master pending state handling

From: Jae Hyun Yoo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2019 14:13:22 -0700

On 10/8/2019 1:31 PM, Brendan Higgins wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 07, 2019 at 04:13:11PM -0700, Jae Hyun Yoo wrote:
>> In case of master pending state, it should not trigger the master
>> command because this H/W is sharing the same data buffer for slave
>> and master operations, so this commit fixes the issue with making
>> the master command triggering happen when the state goes to active
>> state.
> 
> nit: Makes sense, but can you explain what might happen without your
> change?

If we don't use this fix, a master command could corrupt data in the
shared buffer if H/W is still on processing slave operation at the
timing.

>> Signed-off-by: Jae Hyun Yoo <[email-masked]>
> 
> Reviewed-by: Brendan Higgins <[email-masked]>

Thanks a lot for your review!

-Jae

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel