Subject: Re: linux-next: Signed-off-by missing for commit in the arm-soc tree

From: Florian Fainelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2020 11:58:52 -0800

On 1/12/20 4:38 PM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Olof,
> 
> On Sun, 12 Jan 2020 11:59:58 -0800 Olof Johansson <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for the report. Time to automate this at our end, we've had a
>> few too many of these slip through all the way to you lately.
>>
>> Where do you keep your scripts that you catch these things with? Do
>> you have a writeup of the checks you do? I should add it to my
>> automation once and for all.
> 
> I should export my linux-next scripts as a git repo, but I haven't (yet) :-(
> 
> Attached pleas find check_commits which I run after fetching each tree
> and pass the changed commit range.  This, in turn, runs check_fixes
> (also attached).

This is definitively very useful, and after being burned by improper
Fixes: tag recently, I ended modifying your check_fixes script and
putting in my list of pre-commit scripts to run with a wrapper around,
although that required making a few modifications:

- add an optional second parameter to let you specify a hook mode which
derives the git tree from the current directory

- added negative return codes upon error

- added a "did you mean" when the SHA1 cannot be found but the subject
was correct

I am not sure what is the intention of the target_subject vs. subject
check  as it seems to always fail for me when using a commit that I used
as a test for the script, e.g.:

subject: net: systemport: Simplify queue mapping logic
target_subject: net: systemport: Fixed queue mapping in internal ring map

under what circumstances do you have both subjects match?

Cheers
-- 
Florian
_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel