Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/2] net: stmmac: remove unused and unimplemented AXI properties

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2026 10:05:23 +0000

commit afea03656add ("stmmac: rework DMA bus setting and introduce new
platform AXI structure") added support for parsing all the stmmac AXI
attributes, and added code to set most of the appropriate register bits
with three exceptions:

	snps,kbbe
	snps,mb
	snps,rb

These were parsed by the driver, but the result of parsing was never
used by any of the cores.

Moreover, no DTS in the kernel makes use of these properties.

Thus, it doesn't make sense for the driver to parse these, so let's
remove them. Also remove them from the DT binding document.

 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/net/snps,dwmac.yaml | 18 ------------------
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-motorcomm.c |  1 -
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_platform.c |  3 ---
 include/linux/stmmac.h                                |  3 ---
 4 files changed, 25 deletions(-)

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!