Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 00/10] net: stmmac: TSO fixes/cleanups

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2026 19:51:17 +0100

On Sun, Mar 29, 2026 at 11:11:23AM -0700, Jakub Kicinski wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Mar 2026 21:36:21 +0000 Russell King (Oracle) wrote:
> > Hot off the press from reading various sources of dwmac information,
> > this series attempts to fix the buggy hacks that were previously
> > merged, and clean up the code handling this.
> 
> We have a limit of 15 outstanding patches per tree.
> Please follow the community guidelines.

I see that restriction was newly introduced back in January.

> While I have you - you have a significantly negative "reviewer score".
> You post much more than you review. Which should earn you extra 24h
> of delay in our system. I've been trying to ignore that and prioritize
> applying your patches but it'd be great if you could review a bit more.

Sorry, but given the effort that stmmac is taking, I don't have much
capacity to extend mental cycles elsewhere.

This two patch series wouldn't have exploded into ten (or maybe even
more) patches had someone not pointed out the problem with
suspend/resume interacting with disabling TSO... which prompted me to
look deeper and discover a multitude of other problems. Should I
instead ignore these bugs and not bother trying to fix this stuff?

Honestly, I'm getting tired of stmmac with it sucking lots of my time,
and I suspect you're getting tired of the constant stream of patches
for it - but the reason there's a constant stream is because there's
so much that's wrong or broken in this driver.

So either we let the driver rot, or... what?

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!