Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] pmdomain/rockchip: skip QoS operations for idle-only domains

From: Daniel Bozeman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2026 21:27:18 +0000

I ran both tests you requested:

Test 1: Added pr_err to rockchip_pd_power_on/off to identify
the crashing domain. With patch 2 only (skip EPROBE_DEFER),
the crash occurs on PD_VO:

  rockchip_pd_power_off: vo pwr_mask=0x0
  Internal error: synchronous external abort: 0000000096000010
  Workqueue: pm genpd_power_off_work_fn
  Call trace:
   regmap_mmio_read32le+0x8/0x20
   _regmap_bus_reg_read+0x6c/0xac
   _regmap_read+0x60/0xd8
   regmap_read+0x4c/0x7c
   rockchip_pmu_set_idle_request.isra.0+0x98/0x16c
   rockchip_pd_power+0x130/0x48c
   rockchip_pd_power_off+0x38/0x48
   genpd_power_off.isra.0+0x1f0/0x2f0
   genpd_power_off_work_fn+0x34/0x54

Test 2: Same debug build, booted with clk_ignore_unused
added to kernel cmdline via U-Boot. Same crash, same domain:

  rockchip_pd_power_off: vo pwr_mask=0x0
  Internal error: synchronous external abort: 0000000096000010
  (identical call trace)

The crash occurs even with clk_ignore_unused. The QoS
registers for PD_VO are inaccessible when genpd attempts
to power off this idle-only domain.