Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 5/6] net: stmmac: move PHY handling out of __stmmac_open()/release()

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2026 20:46:34 +0100

On Thu, Apr 16, 2026 at 09:08:26AM -0700, Jakub Kicinski wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Apr 2026 14:47:57 +0100 Russell King (Oracle) wrote:
> > The next problem will be netdev's policy over reviews vs patches
> > balance which I'm already in deficit, and I have *NO* *TIME*
> > what so ever to review patches - let alone propose patches to
> > fix people's problems.
> > 
> > So I'm going to say this plainly: if netdev wants to enforce that
> > rule, then I won't be fixing people's problems.
> 
> Do you have a better proposal?
> I'm under the same pressure of million stupid projects from my employer
> as you are. Do y'all think that upstream maintainers have time given by
> their employers to do the reviews? SMH.

Are you really under the same pressure? I have one of my parents in
hospital right now, and was in A&E yesterday afternoon through into
the evening. I've been down at the hospital since 2pm today, only
just come back to feed the other parent and head back down for what
could be a long night. Then there's supposed to be an appointment
that will take up to 3 hours tomorrow morning...

Yea, I'm sure you have the same pressures and worry from your
employer - except my pressures are medical, looking after my parents.

Thank you for your lack of understanding.

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!