Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 03/15] clk: scmi: Use new determine_rate clock operation

From: Brian Masney <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2026 16:33:38 -0400

Hi Cristian,

On Tue, Apr 28, 2026 at 09:15:10PM +0100, Cristian Marussi wrote:
> Use the Clock protocol layer determine_rate logic to calculate the closest
> rate that can be supported by a specific clock.
> 
> No functional change.
> 
> Cc: Brian Masney <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Michael Turquette <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Stephen Boyd <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Signed-off-by: Cristian Marussi <[email-masked]>
> ---
> @brian: I'd modify further this clk-scmi driver, with a patch on top of
> this series, to properly use your new CLK_ROUNDING_NOOP flag once your
> series AND another (already reviewed) series on clk-scmi from Peng are in.

I don't know if Stephen is going to pick up my CLK_ROUNDING_NOOP series.
We talked about it in person at LPC in Tokyo, and he was the one that
suggested the flag rather than a new shared noop function. However he
didn't pick it up last development cycle.

I would recommend NOT basing on that series of mine to reduce
dependencies, and so that your stuff doesn't get held up by series.

Brian