Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 2/2] coco: guest: arm64: Drop dummy RSI platform device stub

From: Catalin Marinas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2026 15:38:14 +0100

+ Suzuki again

On Mon, Apr 27, 2026 at 11:46:15AM +0530, Aneesh Kumar K.V (Arm) wrote:
> The SMCCC firmware driver now creates the `arm-smccc` platform device
> and also creates the CCA auxiliary devices once the RSI ABI is
> discovered. This makes the arch-specific arm64_create_dummy_rsi_dev()
> helper redundant. Remove the arm-cca-dev platform device registration
> and let the SMCCC probe manage the RSI device.
> 
> systemd match on platform:arm-cca-dev for confidential vm detection [1].
> Losing the platform device registration can break that. Keeping this
> removal in its own change makes it easy to revert if that regression
> blocks the rollout.
> 
> [1] https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]

I wouldn't merge this now given that systemd checks this file. Could we
have a symbolic link instead for some time until systemd eventually gets
updated (years?).

-- 
Catalin