Subject: Re: [PATCH] firmware: imx: scu-irq: accumulate wakeup sources via sysfs_emit_at()

From: Peng Fan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2026 09:29:38 +0800

Hi Stepan,

On Sat, May 16, 2026 at 02:07:26PM +0500, Stepan Ionichev wrote:
>On Sat, May 16, 2026 at 09:15:54AM +0200, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
>> This is a horrible sysfs file, and breaks all the rules.  Why not just
>> delete it and use the proper api for it instead?
>
>Yeah, fair. The sprintf change just papers over the real issue, which
>is the interface itself.
>
>Quick check: no Documentation/ABI/ entry, github code search returns
>nothing outside the kernel tree itself
>(https://github.com/search?q=scu_wakeup_irqs&type=code), and
>codesearch.debian.net also shows zero hits. So removing the attribute
>looks doable.
>
>Frank, Sascha -- any out-of-tree readers of
>/sys/firmware/scu_wakeup_irqs/wakeup_src I should worry about?  If
>not, I'll send v2 that drops the attribute and logs the wakeup source

I think it is safe to drop, thanks for working on this.

Thanks
Peng

>via dev_info() instead.

>Stepan