Subject: Re: [PATCH v1] crypto: Use named initializers for struct i2c_device_id

From: Thorsten Blum <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2026 17:08:43 +0200

Hi Uwe,

On Tue, May 19, 2026 at 04:10:33PM +0200, Uwe Kleine-König (The Capable Hub) wrote:
> While being less compact, using named initializers allows to more easily
> see which members of the structs are assigned which value without having
> to lookup the declaration of the struct. And it's also more robust
> against changes to the struct definition.
> 
> This patch doesn't modify the compiled arrays, only their representation
> in source form benefits. The former was confirmed with x86 and arm64
> builds.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Uwe Kleine-König (The Capable Hub) <[email-masked]>

This part has changed recently, and your patch no longer applies. Please
see linux-next or Herbert's tree for the latest version.

atmel_sha204a_id[] now uses .driver_data, and atmel_ecc_id[] has been
extended by another entry.

Thanks,
Thorsten