Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/18] arm64+KVM: FPSIMD/SVE/SME cleanups

From: Mark Rutland <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2026 11:32:37 +0100

On Wed, May 27, 2026 at 09:07:31AM +0100, Marc Zyngier wrote:
> On Thu, 21 May 2026 14:25:38 +0100,
> Mark Rutland <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > This series cleans up low-level FPSIMD/SVE/SME state management code,
> > making it easier to maintain and extend (e.g. adding SME support to
> > KVM), and enabling better debugging (e.g. by making SVE/SME save/restore
> > visible to KASAN and KCSAN).
> > 
> > This is purely cleanup, there are NO bugs addressed by this series.
> 
> I had a look throughout, and couldn't see anything untoward other than
> the couple of nits that were already pointed out. Killing the horrible
> asm macros definitely brings a bit of fresh air to this code base.
> 
> Given the sensitivity of the change, I'd like this to simmer in -next
> for a bit. How do you want this to be merged? I'm happy to take the
> whole thing in kvmarm, and share the branch with arm64.

That works for me.

Catalin, Will, any preference?

> I assume you'll post a v2 anyway?

Yep; given the bits that need fixups, I'll send a v2 by the end of this
week unless something explodes.

Mark.