Subject: Re: [PATCH v7 11/11] iommu/arm-smmu-v3: Add KUnit unit tests for Runtime PM

From: Pranjal Shrivastava <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2026 23:10:50 +0000

On Thu, May 28, 2026 at 02:43:57PM -0700, Nicolin Chen wrote:
> On Wed, May 27, 2026 at 10:14:07PM +0000, Pranjal Shrivastava wrote:
> > Introduce a kunit selftests to verify the Runtime PM elision gating,
> > post-suspend elisions and progress on resumption under active
> > invalidation load. Simulate concurrent HW suspension using a timer.
> > Mock all HW registers and CMDQ buffers by allocating them on RAM.
> > Make the mock CMDQ self-consuming to avoid hitting queue_full scenarios.
> > 
> > Signed-off-by: Pranjal Shrivastava <[email-masked]>
> 
> Maybe I am wrong, yet this reads like an entirely AI-generated code.
> So, should it have an Assisted-by?
> 

Agh, It appears I made an error during the final send and mistakenly
posted an old WIP version of this patch! I created a patch file before
committing the final changes. This has remnants of older experiments and 
lacks severals other cleanups!

I'm aware of the AI usage guidelines. However, this is not an entirely AI
generated patch, it's a pre-cleanup snapshot of a WIP version where I had
multiple rpm tests (an attempt to use kthreads to simulate races) that
were using shared functions like the mock_cmdq etc. remnants of which 
are seen in this patch. *FACEPALM*.

I'll send out a v8 soon!

Thanks!
Praan