Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 0/5] remoteproc: cleanup shared carveout and resource-table helpers

From: Wolfram Sang <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2026 10:42:29 +0200

Hi Ben,

> For the carveout map/unmap cleanup, this series covers the exact-match
> users called out in review: xlnx_r5_remoteproc, rcar_rproc,
> st_remoteproc, stm32_rproc, imx_rproc, and imx_dsp_rproc. The zynqmp R5
> TCM mapping path is left alone because it also clears the mapped memory
> and is not an exact match.
> 
> For the optional resource-table handling, this series converts
> xlnx_r5_remoteproc, rcar_rproc, stm32_rproc, imx_rproc, and
> imx_dsp_rproc. st_remoteproc is intentionally left unchanged because its
> parse_fw() callback also builds carveouts and is therefore not a direct
> match for the helper introduced here.

Thank you for this work, much appreciated! I want to test the changes to
the Renesas R-Car driver but can only do so early next week due to
travels. I hope I have time for review comments earlier, though.

Thanks and happy hacking,

   Wolfram