Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/2] perf cs-etm: Queue context packets for frontend

From: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2026 11:55:36 -0300

On Tue, May 26, 2026 at 12:14:35PM +0100, James Clark wrote:
> Fix thread tracking when decoding Coresight trace and add a new test for
> it.
> 
> Unfortunately the test has to be added as a separate binary like the
> other existing Coresight workloads which needs a bit of makefile
> boilerplate. Ideally it would be a builtin Perf test workload, but Perf
> has a lot of dependencies and generates a lot of trace when starting up
> which makes tracing tests very slow because all that has to be decoded.
> 
> Hopefully I can find a generic way to enable Perf events at the
> beginning of the workload and then I can migrate everything from
> tools/perf/tests/shell/coresight to Perf test workloads, but that will
> have to be done as a separate change.
> 
> Signed-off-by: James Clark <[email-masked]>

James, there are some review comments from Sashiko, some looks
legitimate, wdyt?

- Arnaldo