Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/4] arm64: errata: Workaround Neoverse-N1 #1542419

From: James Morse <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2019 15:19:59 +0100

Hi Will,

On 04/10/2019 11:31, Will Deacon wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 02, 2019 at 10:49:31AM +0100, James Morse wrote:
>> We can't yet detect whether EL3 has the workaround for any particular
>> erratum. We lamely print '(kernel portion)' as part of the CPU-feature
>> text.
>> If we get a mechanism to discover this stuff we can use SCTLR_EL1.UCI
>> on systems that have the interface, and don't workaround the issue.
> 
> Is the firmware portion available in ATF and is there a plan to add the
> discoverability mechanism, or is it just wishful thinking?

The ATF part is here:
https://review.trustedfirmware.org/c/TF-A/trusted-firmware-a/+/2173

Being able to discover whether ATF is doing its part is wishful thinking, but stuff like
this shows we need a way of finding out.

Thanks,

James

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel