Subject: [PULL] HYP-mode boot

From: [email-masked] (Marc Zyngier)
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 09:55:54 +0200

Russell,

Could you please pull the following branch into your tree? It contains the
HYP-mode boot code, which has been posted twice on LAK, and has been
heavily used for KVM.

It is based on your opcodes branch.

Thanks,

        M.

The following changes since commit
508514ed25315dd28340000831b17535d6f772da:

  ARM: 7511/1: opcodes: Opcode definitions for the Virtualization
Extensions (2012-09-15 21:26:00 +0100)

are available in the git repository at:
  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/maz/arm-platforms.git
hyp-boot-mode-rmk

Dave Martin (5):
      ARM: virt: allow the kernel to be entered in HYP mode
      ARM: zImage/virt: hyp mode entry support for the zImage loader
      ARM: virt: Update documentation for hyp mode entry support
      ARM: virt: Add boot-time diagnostics
      ARM: virt: Add CONFIG_ARM_VIRT_EXT option

Marc Zyngier (2):
      ARM: opcodes: add __ERET/__MSR_ELR_HYP instruction encoding
      ARM: virt: arch_timers: enable access to physical timers

 Documentation/arm/Booting           |   22 ++++-
 arch/arm/boot/compressed/.gitignore |    1 +
 arch/arm/boot/compressed/Makefile   |    9 ++-
 arch/arm/boot/compressed/head.S     |   71 ++++++++++-
 arch/arm/include/asm/assembler.h    |   28 +++++
 arch/arm/include/asm/opcodes-virt.h |   10 ++
 arch/arm/include/asm/ptrace.h       |    1 +
 arch/arm/include/asm/virt.h         |   69 +++++++++++
 arch/arm/kernel/Makefile            |    2 +
 arch/arm/kernel/head.S              |   14 ++-
 arch/arm/kernel/hyp-stub.S          |  223
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 arch/arm/kernel/setup.c             |   20 +++
 arch/arm/kernel/smp.c               |    3 +
 arch/arm/mm/Kconfig                 |   17 +++
 14 files changed, 478 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/include/asm/virt.h
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/kernel/hyp-stub.S

-- 
Fast, cheap, reliable. Pick two.