Subject: Re: [Question-GIC-v4.1] Plan on GIC-v4.1 driver development

From: Marc Zyngier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2019 10:58:16 +0100

On 17/09/2019 10:23, Marc Zyngier wrote:
> On 17/09/2019 03:15, Shaokun Zhang wrote:
>> Hi Marc,
>>
>> This is from Nianyao Tang.
>>
>> I'm planning to do some verification on our GIC-v4.1 implement. I would like some
>> information about linux GIC-v4.1 driver. When will linux support GIC-v4.1 or what's
>> the plan on developing GIC-v4.1 driver?
> 
> The easy answer is that yes, there is a plan. There is some code, even,
> just not quite in a usable state yet. I'll try to push something out
> once I get a chance.

FWIW, I've pushed out a branch containing the current state of this work
at [1]. It doesn't really work at the moment (Doorbells and SGIs are
unreliable), but hopefully that will give you an idea of what is going on.

Being a work in progress, it is unstable, subject to being changed,
rebased and deleted without warning.

Thanks,

	M.

[1]
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/maz/arm-platforms.git/log/?h=irq/gic-v4.1-devel
-- 
Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny...

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel