Subject: Re: [PATCH v9 17/22] KVM: arm64: pkvm: Handle GICv3 traps as required

From: Marc Zyngier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 17:06:10 +0100

On 2021-10-14 10:46, Andrew Jones wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 01:03:41PM +0100, Marc Zyngier wrote:
>> Forward accesses to the ICV_*SGI*_EL1 registers to EL1, and
>> emulate ICV_SRE_EL1 by returning a fixed value.
>> 
>> This should be enough to support GICv3 in a protected guest.
> 
> Out of curiosity, has the RVIC work / plans been dropped?

ARM has dropped the architecture, and it makes no sense
to move KVM to support non-architectural stuff.

Which means we will eventually have to harden the guest itself
to cope with the fact that it cannot trust the interrupt controller.

Yes, this is crap.

         M.
-- 
Jazz is not dead. It just smells funny...

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel