Subject: [PATCH] ARM: defconfig: include QCOM_EBI2 in multi_v7

From: [email-masked] (Stephen Boyd)
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 17:01:03 -0800

On 01/11/2017 07:22 AM, Linus Walleij wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 7:02 PM, Olof Johansson <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 2:09 AM, Linus Walleij <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>> This adds the Qualcomm External Bus Interface 2 to the multi_v7
>>> defconfig: it is hard for users to realize that this is a
>>> required driver for getting things like ethernet, and a necessary
>>> prerequisite to get the external bus discoverable on the
>>> MSM8660/APQ8060 machines.
>> Is it the kind of option that should really be selected through
>> Kconfig instead for those platforms?
> Stephen Boyd question.
>
> AFAIK the ambition is to go with the platform to have zero
> stuff in mach-qcom/* and thus it all becomes a defconfig
> thing.

It could be made a 'default ARCH_QCOM' type of thing. Then the config
doesn't need an update unless you want to turn it off. I imagine people
would want to turn it off if they're using a board with a qcom SoC that
isn't 8660, which is probably going to stay the majority forever.

It's true I've been pushing to get rid of the ARCH_MSM* configs in
mach-qcom/Kconfig as they lead to confusion about what qcom SoCs are
supported in mainline and cause config options to become outdated each
time a new SoC comes out that supports some particular driver. I'll go
repush those changes.

-- 
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum,
a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project