Subject: [PATCH 00/25] treewide-next: Use static const char arrays

From: [email-masked] (Joe Perches)
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 12:47:38 -0700

Using static const char foo[] = "bar" can save some
code and text space, so change the places where it's possible.

Also change the places that use
	char foo[] = "barX";
	...
	foo[3] = value + '0';
where X is typically changed
	char foo[sizeof("barX")];
	...
	sprintf(foo, "bar%c", value + '0');

Joe Perches (25):
  arch/mips: Use static const char arrays
  arch/powerpc: Use static const char arrays
  drivers/acpi: Use static const char arrays
  drivers/char: Use static const char arrays
  drivers/i2c: Use static const char arrays
  drivers/isdn: Use static const char arrays
  drivers/media: Use static const char arrays
  drivers/net/atl1c: Use static const char arrays
  drivers/net/atl1e: Use static const char arrays
  drivers/net/(intel): Use static const char arrays
  drivers/net/netxen: Use static const char arrays
  drivers/net/qlcnic: Use static const char arrays
  drivers/net/spider_net.c: Use static const char arrays
  drivers/net/vnxnet3: Use static const char arrays
  drivers/net/wireless/ipw2x00: Use static const char arrays
  drivers/s390/char: Use static const char arrays
  drivers/scsi: Use static const char arrays
  drivers/serial/suncore.c: Use static const char arrays
  drivers/staging: Use static const char arrays
  drivers/usb: Use static const char arrays
  drivers/video: Use static const char arrays
  net/dsa: Use static const char arrays
  net/sunrpc: Use static const char arrays
  sound: Use static const char arrays
  tools/perf/util: Use static const char arrays

 arch/mips/pnx8550/common/reset.c                   |    4 ++--
 arch/powerpc/boot/addnote.c                        |    4 ++--
 arch/powerpc/boot/cuboot-c2k.c                     |    4 ++--
 arch/powerpc/kernel/irq.c                          |    2 +-
 drivers/acpi/sleep.c                               |    4 ++--
 drivers/char/hvc_vio.c                             |    2 +-
 drivers/i2c/busses/i2c-stu300.c                    |    4 ++--
 drivers/isdn/hysdn/hycapi.c                        |    2 +-
 drivers/isdn/mISDN/dsp_cmx.c                       |    2 +-
 drivers/media/video/zoran/zoran_device.c           |    5 ++---
 drivers/net/atl1c/atl1c.h                          |    4 ++--
 drivers/net/atl1c/atl1c_main.c                     |    4 ++--
 drivers/net/atl1e/atl1e.h                          |    4 ++--
 drivers/net/atl1e/atl1e_main.c                     |    4 ++--
 drivers/net/e1000/e1000.h                          |    2 +-
 drivers/net/e1000/e1000_main.c                     |    4 ++--
 drivers/net/e1000e/e1000.h                         |    2 +-
 drivers/net/e1000e/netdev.c                        |    2 +-
 drivers/net/igb/igb.h                              |    4 ++--
 drivers/net/igb/igb_main.c                         |    4 ++--
 drivers/net/igbvf/igbvf.h                          |    2 +-
 drivers/net/igbvf/netdev.c                         |    2 +-
 drivers/net/ixgb/ixgb.h                            |    2 +-
 drivers/net/ixgb/ixgb_main.c                       |    2 +-
 drivers/net/ixgbe/ixgbe.h                          |    2 +-
 drivers/net/ixgbe/ixgbe_main.c                     |    4 ++--
 drivers/net/ixgbevf/ixgbevf.h                      |    2 +-
 drivers/net/ixgbevf/ixgbevf_main.c                 |    2 +-
 drivers/net/netxen/netxen_nic.h                    |    2 +-
 drivers/net/netxen/netxen_nic_main.c               |    2 +-
 drivers/net/qlcnic/qlcnic.h                        |    2 +-
 drivers/net/qlcnic/qlcnic_main.c                   |    2 +-
 drivers/net/spider_net.c                           |    2 +-
 drivers/net/vmxnet3/vmxnet3_drv.c                  |    2 +-
 drivers/net/vmxnet3/vmxnet3_int.h                  |    2 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ipw2x00/ipw2100.c             |    2 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ipw2x00/ipw2200.c             |    2 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ipw2x00/libipw_module.c       |    2 +-
 drivers/s390/char/vmlogrdr.c                       |    4 ++--
 drivers/scsi/bnx2i/bnx2i_hwi.c                     |    6 +++---
 drivers/scsi/lpfc/lpfc_init.c                      |    2 +-
 drivers/scsi/megaraid/megaraid_mbox.c              |    6 +++---
 drivers/serial/suncore.c                           |    4 ++--
 drivers/staging/brcm80211/util/bcmutils.c          |    2 +-
 drivers/staging/comedi/drivers/comedi_bond.c       |    2 +-
 drivers/staging/cxt1e1/ossiRelease.c               |    2 +-
 drivers/staging/go7007/go7007-driver.c             |    2 +-
 drivers/staging/msm/mdp.c                          |    2 +-
 .../staging/rtl8192e/ieee80211/ieee80211_module.c  |    2 +-
 .../staging/rtl8192u/ieee80211/ieee80211_module.c  |    2 +-
 drivers/staging/tidspbridge/rmgr/dbdcd.c           |    6 +++---
 drivers/usb/atm/ueagle-atm.c                       |   14 +++++---------
 drivers/usb/otg/langwell_otg.c                     |    2 +-
 drivers/video/sh_mipi_dsi.c                        |    4 ++--
 drivers/video/sis/sis_main.c                       |   10 +++++-----
 drivers/video/via/viafbdev.c                       |    2 +-
 net/dsa/dsa.c                                      |    2 +-
 net/dsa/dsa_priv.h                                 |    2 +-
 net/sunrpc/auth_gss/gss_krb5_mech.c                |    2 +-
 sound/core/misc.c                                  |    5 ++++-
 tools/perf/util/ui/setup.c                         |    3 ++-
 tools/perf/util/ui/util.c                          |    3 ++-
 62 files changed, 98 insertions(+), 98 deletions(-)

-- 
1.7.3.rc1