Subject: [PATCH V3 Resend 00/12] clk: Add non CONFIG_HAVE_CLK routines

From: [email-masked] (Viresh Kumar)
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 09:22:27 +0530

Hi,

I am resending this patchset as Andrew didn't get few patches of this set. Also
i have updated patches with Acked-by or Reviewed by of people who replied with
these strings.

Last time there were few discussion over this patchset which can be found at

http://lkml.org/lkml/2012/4/24/154

Many drivers are shared between architectures that may or may not have HAVE_CLK
selected for them. To remove compilation errors for them we enclose clk_*()
calls in these drivers within #ifdef CONFIG_HAVE_CLK, #endif.

This patchset removes the need of these CONFIG_HAVE_CLK statements, by
introducing dummy routines when HAVE_CLK is not selected by platforms. So,
definition of these routines will always be available. These calls will return
error for platforms that don't select HAVE_CLK.

V2->V3:
- Dummy routines now return NULL or 0.
- All user drivers must fail if clk_get returned error other than NULL.
- All user drivers don't need to validate their clk pointer before every call to
  clk_*() routines.
- Patches dropped earlier are again taken back, as they were following similar
  approach to what is implemented now.

Viresh Kumar (12):
  clk: Add non CONFIG_HAVE_CLK routines
  clk: Remove redundant depends on from drivers/Kconfig
  i2c/i2c-pxa: Remove conditional compilation of clk code
  usb/marvell: Remove conditional compilation of clk code
  usb/musb: Remove conditional compilation of clk code
  ata/pata_arasan: Remove conditional compilation of clk code
  ata/sata_mv: Remove conditional compilation of clk code
  net/c_can: Remove conditional compilation of clk code
  net/stmmac: Remove conditional compilation of clk code
  gadget/m66592: Remove conditional compilation of clk code
  gadget/r8a66597: Remove conditional compilation of clk code
  usb/host/r8a66597: Remove conditional compilation of clk code

 drivers/ata/pata_arasan_cf.c                      |   14 +--
 drivers/ata/sata_mv.c                             |   10 --
 drivers/clk/Kconfig                               |    2 -
 drivers/i2c/busses/i2c-pxa.c                      |    7 -
 drivers/net/can/c_can/c_can_platform.c            |    8 -
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac.h      |   41 -----
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_main.c |   33 ++--
 drivers/usb/gadget/m66592-udc.c                   |    9 +-
 drivers/usb/gadget/m66592-udc.h                   |    5 -
 drivers/usb/gadget/r8a66597-udc.c                 |   11 +-
 drivers/usb/gadget/r8a66597-udc.h                 |    5 -
 drivers/usb/host/r8a66597-hcd.c                   |   12 --
 drivers/usb/host/r8a66597.h                       |    5 -
 drivers/usb/musb/musb_core.h                      |    8 -
 include/linux/clk.h                               |  168 +++++++++++++-------
 include/linux/platform_data/mv_usb.h              |    9 -
 16 files changed, 131 insertions(+), 216 deletions(-)

-- 
1.7.9