Subject: [PATCH RFC 0/3] i2c-nomadik changes

From: [email-masked] (Alessandro Rubini)
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 19:45:30 +0200

The patch set turns a platform device into an amba device. Its users,
i.e. mach-ux500, are converted too.  The set has no external
dependencies, although is has no visible effect until other patches
are accepted.

Reasoning:

In the STA2X11 I/O hub we are exporting a number of AMBA peripherals
to the PCI world. Using a generic pci-amba driver there is no further
code for each device, provided they are already registered under the
AMBA bus.  I already submitted the generic bridge
(https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/5/28/194).

Status of this patch set:

The users of the driver (i.e. mach-ux600) compile properly, but I
couldn't test on any board.  The driver, as is, works on x86 under the
PCI bridge, with the not-yet-upstream clock framework and platform
data for sta2x11 devices.  However, this set is not introducing any
dead code as it only adds more flexibility.  The big part of it is a
massive s/platform_device/amba_device/ and s/pdev/adev/ .

The cell-id I used in the table are the one for ux500 (only as far as
I know from the stn-8815 manuals) and the one for STA2X11.

Alessandro Rubini (3):
  i2c-nomadik: move header from <plat/i2c.h> to <linux/i2c-nomadik.h>
  i2c-nomadik: turn the platform driver to an amba driver
  i2c-nomadik: depend on ARM_AMBA, not PLAT_NOMADIK

 arch/arm/mach-ux500/board-mop500.c       |    2 +-
 arch/arm/mach-ux500/devices-common.h     |   23 +----
 arch/arm/plat-nomadik/include/plat/i2c.h |   39 --------
 drivers/i2c/busses/Kconfig               |    5 +-
 drivers/i2c/busses/i2c-nomadik.c         |  140 +++++++++++++++---------------
 include/linux/i2c-nomadik.h              |   39 ++++++++
 6 files changed, 116 insertions(+), 132 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/plat-nomadik/include/plat/i2c.h
 create mode 100644 include/linux/i2c-nomadik.h

-- 
1.7.7.2