Subject: [PATCH v2 0/5] zynq clk support

From: [email-masked] (Josh Cartwright)
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 12:49:40 -0600

This set is a v2 of my original patchset "zynq COMMON_CLK support" [1].

This patchset is on top of the arm-next in the Xilinx tree[2], and also
dependent on my patch "serial: xilinx_uartps: kill CONFIG_OF
conditional", which I've removed from this patchset at Michal Simek's request.

For easy testing, I've made available a branch with my changes here[3].

Changes since v1:
  - Dropped the moving of the TTC driver.  This will be done in a later
    patchset.
  - Fixed TTC periodic tick frequency calculation
  - Updated basic peripheral clk to support devices with less than two
    derivative clks.
  - Fixed dts issues in the uart and ttc (thanks to Lars-Peter Clausen and Michal Simek).
  - Split out the creation of the clk drivers and the enabling of the
    drivers for the platform into separate patches.
  - Updated clk initialization functions to 'bail out' when an error
    condition is hit.
  - Addressed stylistic feedback from Lars-Peter Clausen.

---
Patch 1 performs a dts file split for zynq, creating a generic zynq-7000.dtsi
snippet and a zynq-zc702.dts board specific description.

Patch 2 introduces the zynq clock drivers and bindings.

Patch 3 enables the zynq clock drivers when building for zynq, and
adds updates the zynq device trees to use the bindings.

Patch 4 updates the xilinx uartps driver to acquire rate information via
the clk bindings.

Patch 5 updates the xilinx ttc driver to acquire rate information via
the clk bindings.

---
[1]: http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2012-October/129295.html
[2]: git://git.xilinx.com/linux-xlnx.git#arm-next
[3]: git://gi.teric.us/linux-zynq.git#of_clk_v2
---
Josh Cartwright (5):
  ARM: zynq: dts: split up device tree
  clk: Add support for fundamental zynq clks
  ARM: zynq: use zynq clk bindings
  serial: xilinx_uartps: get clock rate info from dts
  ARM: zynq: add clk binding support to the ttc

 .../devicetree/bindings/clock/zynq-7000.txt        |  55 +++
 arch/arm/Kconfig                                   |   1 +
 arch/arm/boot/dts/Makefile                         |   1 +
 arch/arm/boot/dts/zynq-7000.dtsi                   | 166 +++++++++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/zynq-ep107.dts                   |  70 ----
 arch/arm/boot/dts/zynq-zc702.dts                   |  44 +++
 arch/arm/mach-zynq/common.c                        |  14 +-
 arch/arm/mach-zynq/timer.c                         | 287 ++++++++-------
 drivers/clk/Makefile                               |   1 +
 drivers/clk/clk-zynq.c                             | 383 +++++++++++++++++++++
 drivers/tty/serial/xilinx_uartps.c                 |  30 +-
 include/linux/clk/zynq.h                           |  24 ++
 12 files changed, 870 insertions(+), 206 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/clock/zynq-7000.txt
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/zynq-7000.dtsi
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/zynq-ep107.dts
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/zynq-zc702.dts
 create mode 100644 drivers/clk/clk-zynq.c
 create mode 100644 include/linux/clk/zynq.h

-- 
1.8.0