Subject: [PATCH v5 00/11] ARM: OMAP2+: AM43x PRCM basic support

From: [email-masked] (Afzal Mohammed)
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 12:34:22 +0530

Hi Paul, Benoit, Tony,

This series adds PRCM support (except clock tree) for AM43x SoC's.
Please consider this for inclusion in the coming merge window.

Patch 02/11 "ARM: OMAP2+: hwmod: AM335x/AM43x: move common data" may
not reach mailing lists due to bigger size, this series is also present
@git://gitorious.org/x0148406-public/linux-kernel.git tags/am43x-prcm-v5

Compared to v4, only change is in fixing the powerdomain data.

Major changes compared to rfc v3:
1. All register offsets properly taken care for AM43x (with rfc v3, a
   couple of issues was detected while testing on pre-silicon)
2. There were two patches for common hwmod data movement (one for
   interconnect and other for ip block data), both were combined to have
   a cleaner series that is bisectable.
3. Cleaner seperation of common data

Major changes compared to v2 (v3 was only an rfc for current approach):
1. omap_hwmod_33xx_43xx_interconnect_data.c has the common interconnect
   ocp's structs shared between AM335x and AM43x
2. omap_hwmod_33xx_43xx_ipblock_data.c has the common hwmod structs
   shared between AM335x and AM43x
3. Instances where clock domain or clock topology has changed in the few
   cases, have separate structures for AM335x and AM43x
4. To handle scenarios where register offsets are different, they are
   dynamically init-ed in omap_hwmod_33xx_43xx_ipblock_data.c
5. Register offsets for hwmod's that are present either in AM335x or
   AM43x are updated statically in omap_hwmod_33xx_data.c or
   omap_hwmod_43xx_data.c as that was cleaner.
6. Remove the change that re-introduces SW_SLEEP for OMAP4, this will
   be taken care separately.

This series has been boot tested on pre-silicon platform with the help
of Tero's DT clock tree conversion series. This series has been tested
on AM335x-EVM too.

Additional details:
AM43x reuses most of the IP's from AM335x, as that is the case, much of
the AM335x hwmod data is reused. As AM43x PRCM register layout differs
from AM335x and is similar to OMAP4, power domain, clock domain & hwmod
operations are reused from OMAP4. Currently there is no public TRM
available for AM43x.

Changes based on: v3.12-rc2

Regards
Afzal

Afzal Mohammed (7):
  ARM: OMAP2+: hwmod: AM335x/AM43x: move common data
  ARM: OMAP2+: hwmod: AM335x: runtime register update
  ARM: OMAP2+: hwmod: AM335x: remove static register offs
  ARM: OMAP2+: PRCM: AM43x definitions
  ARM: OMAP2+: hwmod: AM43x support
  ARM: OMAP2+: hwmod: AM43x operations
  ARM: OMAP2+: AM43x: PRCM kbuild

Ambresh K (3):
  ARM: OMAP2+: PM: AM43x powerdomain data
  ARM: OMAP2+: CM: AM43x clockdomain data
  ARM: OMAP2+: AM43x PRCM init

Ankur Kishore (1):
  ARM: OMAP2+: CM: cm_inst offset s16->u16

 arch/arm/mach-omap2/Makefile                       |    9 +-
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/clockdomain.h                  |    4 +-
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/clockdomains43xx_data.c        |  196 ++
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/cm33xx.c                       |   16 +-
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/cm33xx.h                       |   12 +-
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/cminst44xx.c                   |   29 +-
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/cminst44xx.h                   |   26 +-
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/io.c                           |    6 +
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_hwmod.c                   |    8 +
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_hwmod.h                   |    1 +
 .../mach-omap2/omap_hwmod_33xx_43xx_common_data.h  |  163 ++
 .../omap_hwmod_33xx_43xx_interconnect_data.c       |  643 +++++++
 .../mach-omap2/omap_hwmod_33xx_43xx_ipblock_data.c | 1456 +++++++++++++++
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_hwmod_33xx_data.c         | 1966 +-------------------
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_hwmod_43xx_data.c         |  622 +++++++
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/powerdomain.h                  |    1 +
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/powerdomains43xx_data.c        |  136 ++
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/prcm43xx.h                     |  141 ++
 18 files changed, 3432 insertions(+), 2003 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-omap2/clockdomains43xx_data.c
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_hwmod_33xx_43xx_common_data.h
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_hwmod_33xx_43xx_interconnect_data.c
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_hwmod_33xx_43xx_ipblock_data.c
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_hwmod_43xx_data.c
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-omap2/powerdomains43xx_data.c
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-omap2/prcm43xx.h

-- 
1.8.3.4