Subject: [PATCH v6 00/11] ARM: OMAP2+: AM43x PRCM basic support

From: [email-masked] (Afzal Mohammed)
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 15:43:20 +0530

Hi Paul,

This series adds PRCM support (except clock tree) for AM43x SoC's.
Please consider this for inclusion in the coming merge window.

This series has been tested on real silicon in AM43x EPOS EVM board with
the help of Tero's DT clock series and booted to prompt. This has been
tested on AM335x-EVM too.

These changes are made over your "for-v3.13/hwmod" tag

Changes compared to v5:
1. Rebased over "for-v3.13/hwmod" tag
2. rtc hwmod has been removed from AM43x hwmod database as rtc had
   issues on EPOS EVM
3. spinlock hwmod has been removed from AM43x hwmod database since
   sysconfig details has been recently added and as it doesn't have dt
   node, that would cause warning, spinlock has to be added after dt
   node has been added
4. Added Acked-by's from Tony and Rajendra
5. Minor fixing in comments

Patch 02/11 "ARM: OMAP2+: hwmod: AM335x/AM43x: move common data" may
not reach mailing lists due to bigger size, this series is also present
@git://gitorious.org/x0148406-public/linux-kernel.git tags/am43x-prcm-v6

Compared to v4, change is in fixing the powerdomain data.

Major changes compared to rfc v3:
1. All register offsets properly taken care for AM43x (with rfc v3, a
   couple of issues was detected while testing on pre-silicon)
2. There were two patches for common hwmod data movement (one for
   interconnect and other for ip block data), both were combined to have
   a cleaner series that is bisectable.
3. Cleaner seperation of common data

Major changes compared to v2 (v3 was only an rfc for current approach):
1. omap_hwmod_33xx_43xx_interconnect_data.c has the common interconnect
   ocp's structs shared between AM335x and AM43x
2. omap_hwmod_33xx_43xx_ipblock_data.c has the common hwmod structs
   shared between AM335x and AM43x
3. Instances where clock domain or clock topology has changed in the few
   cases, have separate structures for AM335x and AM43x
4. To handle scenarios where register offsets are different, they are
   dynamically init-ed in omap_hwmod_33xx_43xx_ipblock_data.c
5. Register offsets for hwmod's that are present either in AM335x or
   AM43x are updated statically in omap_hwmod_33xx_data.c or
   omap_hwmod_43xx_data.c as that was cleaner.
6. Remove the change that re-introduces SW_SLEEP for OMAP4, this will
   be taken care separately.

Additional details:
AM43x reuses most of the IP's from AM335x, as that is the case, much of
the AM335x hwmod data is reused. As AM43x PRCM register layout differs
from AM335x and is similar to OMAP4, power domain, clock domain & hwmod
operations are reused from OMAP4. Currently there is no public TRM
available for AM43x.

Regards
Afzal

Afzal Mohammed (7):
  ARM: OMAP2+: hwmod: AM335x/AM43x: move common data
  ARM: OMAP2+: hwmod: AM335x: runtime register update
  ARM: OMAP2+: hwmod: AM335x: remove static register offs
  ARM: OMAP2+: PRCM: AM43x definitions
  ARM: OMAP2+: hwmod: AM43x support
  ARM: OMAP2+: hwmod: AM43x operations
  ARM: OMAP2+: AM43x: PRCM kbuild

Ambresh K (3):
  ARM: OMAP2+: PM: AM43x powerdomain data
  ARM: OMAP2+: CM: AM43x clockdomain data
  ARM: OMAP2+: AM43x PRCM init

Ankur Kishore (1):
  ARM: OMAP2+: CM: cm_inst offset s16->u16

 arch/arm/mach-omap2/Makefile                       |    9 +-
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/clockdomain.h                  |    4 +-
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/clockdomains43xx_data.c        |  196 ++
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/cm33xx.c                       |   16 +-
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/cm33xx.h                       |   12 +-
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/cminst44xx.c                   |   29 +-
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/cminst44xx.h                   |   26 +-
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/io.c                           |    6 +
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_hwmod.c                   |    8 +
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_hwmod.h                   |    1 +
 .../mach-omap2/omap_hwmod_33xx_43xx_common_data.h  |  163 ++
 .../omap_hwmod_33xx_43xx_interconnect_data.c       |  643 +++++++
 .../mach-omap2/omap_hwmod_33xx_43xx_ipblock_data.c | 1469 +++++++++++++++
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_hwmod_33xx_data.c         | 1979 +-------------------
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_hwmod_43xx_data.c         |  619 ++++++
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/powerdomain.h                  |    1 +
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/powerdomains43xx_data.c        |  136 ++
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/prcm43xx.h                     |  141 ++
 18 files changed, 3442 insertions(+), 2016 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-omap2/clockdomains43xx_data.c
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_hwmod_33xx_43xx_common_data.h
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_hwmod_33xx_43xx_interconnect_data.c
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_hwmod_33xx_43xx_ipblock_data.c
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_hwmod_43xx_data.c
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-omap2/powerdomains43xx_data.c
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-omap2/prcm43xx.h

-- 
1.8.3.4