Subject: [PATCH 0/6][RFC] audit: standardize and simplify syscall_get_arch()

From: [email-masked] (Richard Guy Briggs)
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 16:27:01 -0500

Each arch that supports audit requires syscall_get_arch() to able to log
and identify architecture-dependent syscall numbers.  The information is used
in at least two different subsystems, so standardize it in the same call across
all arches.

Use the standardized syscall_get_arch() locally to add the arch to the
AUDIT_SECCOMP record to identify which syscall was issued.

Since all the callers of syscall_get_arch() presently pass "current" and none
of the arch-specific syscall_get_arch() implementations use the regs parameter,
call syscall_get_arch() locally where it is needed and drop passing around
arch, current and regs in __audit_syscall_entry() and audit_syscall_entry().

Compiles and runs on i686, x86_64, ppc, ppc64, s390, s390x, manually tested in
an x86_64 VM.  aarch64 will be added soon.

Richard Guy Briggs (6):
  syscall: define syscall_get_arch() for each audit-supported arch
  audit: add arch field to seccomp event log
  audit: __audit_syscall_entry: ignore arch arg and call
    syscall_get_arch() directly
  audit: drop arch from audit_syscall_entry() interface
  audit: drop args from syscall_get_arch() interface
  audit: drop arch from __audit_syscall_entry() interface

 arch/arm/include/asm/syscall.h        |    5 ++---
 arch/arm/kernel/ptrace.c              |    2 +-
 arch/ia64/include/asm/syscall.h       |    6 ++++++
 arch/ia64/kernel/ptrace.c             |    2 +-
 arch/microblaze/include/asm/syscall.h |    5 +++++
 arch/microblaze/kernel/ptrace.c       |    2 +-
 arch/mips/include/asm/syscall.h       |    6 +++---
 arch/mips/kernel/ptrace.c             |    3 +--
 arch/openrisc/include/asm/syscall.h   |    5 +++++
 arch/openrisc/kernel/ptrace.c         |    2 +-
 arch/parisc/include/asm/syscall.h     |   11 +++++++++++
 arch/parisc/kernel/ptrace.c           |    5 ++---
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/syscall.h    |   12 ++++++++++++
 arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace.c          |    6 ++----
 arch/s390/include/asm/syscall.h       |    7 +++----
 arch/s390/kernel/ptrace.c             |    4 +---
 arch/sh/include/asm/syscall.h         |   16 ++++++++++++++++
 arch/sh/kernel/ptrace_32.c            |   13 +------------
 arch/sh/kernel/ptrace_64.c            |   16 +---------------
 arch/sparc/include/asm/syscall.h      |    7 +++++++
 arch/sparc/kernel/ptrace_64.c         |    5 +----
 arch/um/kernel/ptrace.c               |    3 +--
 arch/x86/ia32/ia32entry.S             |   12 ++++++------
 arch/x86/include/asm/syscall.h        |   10 ++++------
 arch/x86/kernel/entry_32.S            |   11 +++++------
 arch/x86/kernel/entry_64.S            |   11 +++++------
 arch/x86/kernel/ptrace.c              |    6 ++----
 arch/xtensa/kernel/ptrace.c           |    2 +-
 include/asm-generic/syscall.h         |    6 ++----
 include/linux/audit.h                 |    9 ++++-----
 include/uapi/linux/audit.h            |    1 +
 kernel/auditsc.c                      |    6 ++++--
 kernel/seccomp.c                      |    4 ++--
 33 files changed, 120 insertions(+), 101 deletions(-)