Subject: [PATCH 0/2] cpufreq: cpu0: Extend support beyond CPU0

From: [email-masked] (Viresh Kumar)
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 14:12:27 +0530

Stephen Boyd sent few patches today around a new cpufreq driver for Qualcomm's
Krait SoC: https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/6/24/918.

Krait couldn't use existing cpufreq-cpu0 driver as it doesn't have support for
SoC's with multiple clusters or SoC's which don't share clock line for all CPUs.
And I thought about trying updating cpu0 driver to see if we can get rid of this
limitation easily and use it for Krait as well.

It took me longer than I thought, around 4 hours to get this working on my dual
A15 exynos board.

First patch adds some space for driver specific data in 'struct cpufreq_policy'
and second one updates cpufreq-cpu0..

@Stephen: Can you please test this on Krait and see if it works?

Pushed here:
Rebased over rc2:
git://git.linaro.org/people/viresh.kumar/linux.git cpufreq/cpu0-krait

For guys looking to test on exynos, rebased over linux-next + some patches from
Thomas Abraham to use cpufreq-cpu0 for exynos:
git://git.linaro.org/people/viresh.kumar/linux.git cpufreq/cpu0-exynos

In case this is acceptable and bug free, next step would be to get cpufreq-cpu0
renamed a bit as its not about CPU0 anymore. Any suggestions on that would be
great :), cpufreq_generic.c ?

Thanks.

Viresh Kumar (2):
  cpufreq: Add support for per-policy driver data
  cpufreq: cpu0: Extend support beyond CPU0

 .../devicetree/bindings/cpufreq/cpufreq-cpu0.txt   |   8 +-
 drivers/cpufreq/Kconfig                            |   5 +-
 drivers/cpufreq/cpufreq-cpu0.c                     | 280 +++++++++++++--------
 include/linux/cpufreq.h                            |   3 +
 4 files changed, 193 insertions(+), 103 deletions(-)

-- 
2.0.0.rc2