Subject: [PATCHv6 00/10] arm: mvebu: add Synology DS213j and DS414 .dts files

From: [email-masked] (Arnaud Ebalard)
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 00:45:06 +0100

Hi,

This series adds .dts files for Synology DS213j (armada 370 2-bay NAS) and
DS414 (armada XP 4-bay NAS) devices. Most of the patches at the bottom of
the series result:

 - from a v0 submission of DS213j .dts file [1]
 - Andrew's comments on a v1 (for both DS213j and DS414 .dts files) [2]
 - Andrew/Sebastian' comments on v2 regarding pinctrl factoring [3]
 - Sebastian's feedback on changes included in Jason's branch for 3.19 [4]
 - Additional comments on v4 by Jason, Arnd, Uwe, Thomas [5].
 - Andrew's review on v5 []

Cheers,

a+

[1]: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.devicetree/95401
[2]: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.devicetree/98830
[3]: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.devicetree/98892
[4]: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.devicetree/99181
[5]: http://www.spinics.net/lists/devicetree/index.html#58661
[6]: http://www.spinics.net/lists/arm-kernel/threads.html#380169

Changes since v5:
- Ordered nodes by increasing address order as pointed by Andrew
- Removed useless MPP4 pin definition
- Added Andrew's Acked-by on the whole series

Changes since v4:
- Added a missing newline spotted by Uwe
- Added two Reviewed-by by Thomas
- Added a note about i2c devices not relying on optional vendor prefix

Changes since v3:

- As pointed by Sebastian, some of the changes included in v3 were
  already sitting in Jason's mvebu/dt for 3.19. While rebasing the
  series on mvebu/dt for 3.19, I made pinctrl node definition and
  alias common to 370 and XP SoCs, and then completed for 370 what
  had been started by Sebastian in 264a05e19bf5 ("ARM: mvebu:
  armada-xp: Add node alias to pinctrl and add base address") and
  01c434225ee6 ("ARM: mvebu: armada-xp: Use pinctrl node alias")
  for XP.
- Removed the patch adding micron prefix; Rob pointed he already
  had such a patch

Changes since v2:

- Added various patches to improve/refactor Armada 370/XP pinctrl
  nodes/properties and use sensible defaults when possible.
- changed gpio-fan,speed-map to better match max rotation speed
  (1900 RPM) for DS213j

Changes since v1:

- Added a patch to fix Seiko Instruments, Inc. prefix from "ssi" to
  "sii" for s35390 RTC chip in kirkwood-synology.dtsi as reported by
  Andrew
- Fixed DS414 and DS213j .dts files which had the same issue due to
  a blind copy-and-paste.
- Added a patch for armada-xp-lenovo-ix4-300d.dts to use uart alias
  for stdout-path, as suggested by Andrew.
- removed pinctrl properties for ethernet interface wrongly referencing
  a RGMII pin configuration: the PHY is connected using SGMII.
- moved some DS213j pinctrl entries (spi0, uart0) in armada-370.dtsi
- same thing for DS414 pinctrl entries (ge0/1, spi0) moved to
  armada-xp-mv78230.dtsi
- changed pinctrl nodes and labels to match naming convention found
  in .dtsi: pmx_*: pmx- changed to *_pin: -pin.
- same thing for DS414
- added a comment in the .dts file about DS414 being susceptible at
  boot when an USB/serial converter is connected to the UART pins.

Changes since v0:

- Added a comment at the beginning of DS213j and DS414j .dts file regarding
  the need for a recent Marvell bootloader. Arnd suggested to do a specific
  .dtb file for new and old bootloaders but I think if we follow this path
  for DS414 and DS213j, we will probably have to do it for all Armada-based
  synology NAS and possibly for other Armada 370/XP based devices. Opting
  for recent bootloaders config and having a comment is easier. It is likely
  that a user already has a recent bootloader. Otherwise, upgrade is a one
  click process anyway. If a user thinks it is easier to have two different
  .dts files in the kernel, she will still be able to push a patch.
- Added a comment in the .dts file about the bootloader screwing the kernel
  if the environment is saved.
- Kept GPL licence for .dts file
- Fixed bad naming of node and alias (_ vs -)
- Added micron vendor prefix for n25q064 flash
- Disabled SoC RTC; a Seiko S-35390A is used as main RTC
- Added comments about the purpose of each serial port
- Added stdout-path = &uart0; to help barebox. A specific patch is included
  in the series to provide labels for uart serial nodes
- Added patch for DS414 .dts file

Arnaud Ebalard (10):
  arm: mvebu: fix vendor prefix typo in kirkwood-synology.dtsi
  arm: mvebu: add uartX labels for Armada SoC serial nodes
  arm: mvebu: use recently introduced uart label for stdout-path
  arm: mvebu: move Armada 370/XP pinctrl node definition armada-370-xp.dtsi
  arm: mvebu: define and use common Armada 370 SPI pinctrl settings
  arm: mvebu: define and use common Armada 370 UART pinctrl settings
  arm: mvebu: define and use common Armada XP UART2/3 pinctrl settings
  arm: mvebu: define and use common Armada XP SPI pinctrl setting
  arm: mvebu: add .dts file for Synology DS213j
  arm: mvebu: add .dts file for Synology DS414

 arch/arm/boot/dts/Makefile                       |   6 +-
 arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-370-db.dts              |  50 ++--
 arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-370-mirabox.dts         |  25 +-
 arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-370-netgear-rn102.dts   |  84 +++---
 arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-370-netgear-rn104.dts   |  64 ++---
 arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-370-rd.dts              |  24 +-
 arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-370-synology-ds213j.dts | 316 ++++++++++++++++++++++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-370-xp.dtsi             |   9 +-
 arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-370.dtsi                | 178 +++++++-----
 arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-xp-axpwifiap.dts        |   7 -
 arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-xp-lenovo-ix4-300d.dts  |   2 +-
 arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-xp-synology-ds414.dts   | 330 +++++++++++++++++++++++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-xp.dtsi                 | 102 ++++---
 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-synology.dtsi         |   2 +-
 14 files changed, 964 insertions(+), 235 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-370-synology-ds213j.dts
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-xp-synology-ds414.dts

-- 
2.1.1